Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

cycling, inside recess, and beef stew

I am enjoying using this blog as a personnal diary- so I will be posting daily now if at all possible. It really helps me focus in on all the good things that happen during a day and remember to write about it....
I have started a cycling class that is on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 5:30 a.m. I thought that I would HATE it...but much to my surprise, I am really loving it! You burn so many calories and sweat a ton- then after getting ready I feel like a million bucks and ready to start my day. I REALLY like the fact that I don't have to work out in the afternoon after school....and especially after an inside recess day! haha! Which brings me to my next point- have you ever been held up in a room with 15 5 year olds ALL day? I know a few of you that have...and you know what it means to not want to do ANYTHING after you have done that all day. haha! I did manage to get home and cook up a yummy meal- which I want to share. I LOVE to cook, for those of you that do not already know that...so you will be getting alot of new recipes if you check my blog regularly! I really like the idea that after it is all cooked and eaten- I can still share it with all of you!
This is what was served at the Laney house today!

Hearty Beef and Vegetable soup with Cheddar Beef Wraps
ingrediants for soup:
2 Tbs unsalted butter
5 oz fresh sliced onions (1 1/4 cups)
1 cup diced celery
1 cup crinkle cut carrots
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
10 oz. freshed sliced squash/zucchini (2 1/2 cups)
1 (32 oz.) box reduced-sodium beef broth
1 (20 oz.) package refrigerated diced potatoes and onions
1 fully cooked beef tips with gravy (17 oz package)
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary


Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat- add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until onions begin to soften.

Then stir in mushrooms, squash, and zucchini. Cook 1-2 minutes or until heated.

Move over to a bigger soup pan and add the remaining ingredients

Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10-15 minutes- I put it on low for about 20 more minutes- but you don't have to.
Cheddar Beef Wraps
1 Tbs unsalted butter
5 oz fresh pre-sliced onions
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 fully cooked beef tips with gravy (17 oz package)
1 cup shredded cheddare cheese with peppers
5 multigrain flatbread wraps
instructions:
1. Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add onions and mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes

2. Stir in the beef tips

3. Place cheese on one end of each wrap; divide beef mixture over top of cheese.


4. Roll wrap around filling

5. Place wraps on a 2-sided grill (like a george foreman grill) for 2-3 minutes or until toasted and cheese melts-

Here are the final results! Yummy!

( I added a side of cornbread)

(this is Cal's plate- I have to make sure and fill my big boy up!- ha)

2 comments:

The Haymans said...

Yay!! I'm going to be posting everyday too. I have to start focusing on the postives and not so much on the negatives. Blogging is a great way to do that! And believe me, I know all about inside P.E. but i have 27 5 year olds!!! ha! We're making it though! Miss you!!!

Darci White said...

Ummmmm.... will you please come and cook at my house? You are definitely much better at it than me.