Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Walk down Memory Lane...

Click on the button above to see the creator of Wednesday's Walk, Lynnette Kraft.
Wednesday's Walk is a time of reflection on the past and how it has made you stroger today.
Today I want to take a walk down memory lane with some of the very dear ladies that I call friends. I have so many friends, some from high school and some from college and some from where I am now in life. I can't say that one friendship is better than the other friendship, but all friendships do touch you in different ways. The ways that my friends from high school touched me was very different from the way that my friends from college touched me. Not one was more than the other...just different. I am going to focus on my college friends in this post. I will save a post for my sweet friends from high school for another day (they are STILL my best friends by the way... I know...that is RARE) !
Today I will focus on "The Monkeys"/ "The Old Crew"!
Well.... Here they are: from left (top) Leigh Anne, Laura, Me, Christina, and Mindy
From left (bottom) Leah, Alicia, Laura Beth, Nicci, and Rachel
Honestly, I have no idea what my life would be like without these beautiful women. They have encouraged, inspired, loved, cried, laughed, danced, and wrote a beautiful imprinting on my heart that will forever be apart of my very being. Most of us are sorority sisters. We met early on in college and have all been inseparable every since. We have always had an incredible bond that has held us together for years!
I do want to share one memory that all of these girls will remember fondly. It was a weekly tradition during our tenure at Ole Miss. We would run grab our beverage of choice, grab or make dinner together, and go directly to the back porch of my house. There we would sit for hours on end; laughing, talking, telling our "remember when" stories, and loving life together. That spot would be the spot where relationships and boys would be analyzed beyond belief, a place where goals were stated, God's plans for our lives were discussed, dreams were set in motion and friends became sisters. Sometimes I wish we could go back to that porch, knowing what we know now. I wonder how different our talks would have been? Would our dreams and goals have been the same? You know...I'm sure that they would be... although our lives have thrown curve balls at us, we have all become stronger by learning to swerve!

9 comments:

Terri said...

How wonderful to have such a big group of loyal girlfriends!! Y'all are all so cute!!

Meg said...

Friends are so important. I, like you, still have my high school best friend as my best friend today.

Kristin said...

What a great post! I totally agree with you...it's awesome how God places different types of friends in our lives for different reasons, and they are all special in their own ways. Isn't it so much fun to look back on certain times and remember the things that were important back then?!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

What a sweet looking group of friends. You are blessed! :)

Patricia said...

"wrote a beautiful imprinting on my heart" I love how you phrased that. Beautiful post about friendship and belonging. Thank you for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that God has given you many special friends. Friends can make such a big difference in our lives and I'm thankful for mine too.

-Nicci- said...

So, as I sit here at my desk, crying, I fondly look back to 105 Shiloh Drive myself! What a special time in our lives! I think if I had appreciated it then, the way I do know, I would never have been able to leave Oxford! ha! Thank you for the gift of your friendship, my long lost older sister! I am so thankful that I have your friendship for the rest of my days! God is so good!
Love,
Noo

Aspiemom said...

It's great that God has given you so many great friends. You are very blessed!

Linda said...

What a bunch of beautiful ladies! Friends are so important to us,...and I feel like each of them are gifts from God!

Thanks for sharing.
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits