Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

first time bloggin...

Well.... the whole blog idea is a new thing to me....so here goes the first post! I guess I will tell a bit about "The Laney's" and they became. Cal was born and raised in Jackson, MS. He was an incredible football player in high school and an amazing golfer still. He was and is a very avid hunter. He would rather be in a duck hole than anywhere in the world! He went to Jackson Academy and Ole Miss for undergrad. Cal was a Sigma Chi at Ole Miss. He attended medical school at the Ole Miss campus in Jackson and is now finishing his first year of residency at UAB in Birmingham, AL. I was born and raised in Clarksdale, MS... I'm a "delta girl" at heart! I went to Lee Academy and ran track, played tennis, and soccer. I went to Ole Miss for undergrad. as well and was an AOPi. I also got my masters at Ole Miss as well... I wasn't quite ready for college to be over! ha! I am a kindergarten teacher in Hoover, AL and absolutely love it!
How we met....
Cal and I met in a psychology class our freshman year of college. We started dating our senior year of college. Cal told me that he was going to marry me on our 3rd date and scared me away! I was only 21 and not ready to hear something like that. I couldn't get him off of my mind though...so I called him several months later and the rest was history! We dating for about 2 years before we got engaged and had a year long engagement. We got married in Oxford, MS on June 17, 2006. We lived in Jackson, MS for 2 years and now live in Birmingham, AL. I spend alot of alone time as a resident's wife. I have made tons of good friends and am having a good time learning my way around Birmingham!

1 comment:

The Haymans said...

So glad you're bloggin'! You better keep up with it so I know whats going on in B'ham and if you are behaving. HA!!