Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

10 years…

Well…not only has it been 10 years since I last blogged, but it has also been 10 years since I graduated high school! How does time fly by so quickly? I remember the day that I graduated like it was yesterday. I even can remember the smells, the sounds, the laughter from the huge family of mine gathered together to watch that special moment when a child becomes an adult…(or at least the child "thinks" they are an adult). I will always be grateful for my wonderful friends that I made while in high school. There are a few that are still very big part of my life. I know that I am the person I am today because of these lovely ladies. Here are a few of those very people before we left for the reunion. Me, Waverly, Tori, and Lana

Also…this is an interesting story: This is Cal and Michael

Cal and Michael grew up together and Michael was in our wedding over 3 years ago. Waverly(pictured above) was also in said wedding. Being that Cal and I had 12 attendants (ahem) a piece… Waverly and Michael never officially met. Well, about 1 year later, Michael and Wave were set up on a blind date. During dinner they made the Cal and Adair connection! So, needless to say, Cal had a buddy during our Lee Academy 10 year reunion! He was so happy to have him there! Here is the best pic I could get of our itty-bitty class of 99! There were only about 20 that didn't make it. I graduated with 60 people in my small, delta, blues-lovin town of Clarksdale, MS! Fun times! And this…folks….was my elementary class at PDS (Presbyterian Day School) minus 2 people- Faith and Grace were not there. Yes…only NINE people were in my class!
On to another topic…I wanted to sort of explain my blogging hiatus. I have been on a proverbial "break" from a lot of things lately. I am trying to train myself to relax, let things go, and weed out things in my life that may be stressful. I have been thinking in the past that I was an octopus with eight arms, and with those eight arms, I could juggle up to 20 things! Well…I have come to the disturbing realization that I, my friends, only have 2 arms. I am trying my best to only hold one thing at a time in my 2 arms. I believe that this endeavor is not only helping me, but it is also improving the relationships that I have with the people that are the most important to me. I have invested too much time doing things that are not building those relationships and I am glad that I am having this opportunity to relax and realize this it is OK to say NO!
Also, I have spent a lot of time working on
THIS while Cal is busy watching football and such! I am glad to be back to the blogging world...I have missed it!


1 comment:

Ashley Pollan said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Missed you :)