Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bye bye pa-pa

For as long as I can remember, this pa-pa has been hanging off of my baby girl's clothes. Tonight, Cal told Lucy that big girls that go peepee on the potty do not need pa-pas anymore! I gestured for him to be quiet because I thought that would make her no longer want to go to the potty. Much to my surprise, she looked at us and said, "take this pa-pa off of me!" She wanted to send it to a new baby. So, we put it in an envelope and took it to the mailbox. We were able to face time with some good friends of ours that have a new baby on the way. She told them that she sent her pa-pa to the new baby. They had a one year old that was on the screen, so Lucy believes that she sent her pa-pa him. We are actually going to mail it and let her see him holding it on face time. I am so proud of my baby girl's generous heart. This reminds me of things that happen when you don't know it's going to be the last time. I don't know the last time I nursed Jack, Lucy or Reid, and I am not sure the last time I saw the pa-pa in Lucy's mouth. This is just one more of those times that remind me to just savor each and every moment.

No comments: