Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

28 weeks




28 weeks with Reid


28 weeks (in a hospital room) with the twins
So.... WOW is about all I can say when looking at this comparison pic. No wonder I was already in the hospital in pre-term labor! wow! I am actually closer to 30 weeks at right now while typing this... I still feel good and I am still chasing the twins! LOL... that part is NOT fun... but it is SO much better than sitting on an IV drip of magnesium...ha!
I have started having some braxton hicks, and of course, when I do it terrifies the daylights out of me. I know that it is SO normal to have them and that I wouldn't even know I was having them if I had not been so riddled with them in my previous pregnancy. They don't hurt nor do I really feel anything... I just feel like I am doing a crunch and I can physically feel my belly get hard. I never have more than 3-4 an hour and that is at the most. I usually only have 1 or 2 a day. Such a blessing!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 weeks

Size of baby:  15 inches from head to heel — the length of a butternut squash and weighs almost 2.5 lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained 15 lbs

Maternity Clothes: mostly all maternity... some regular dresses and shirts still (only a few regular now) :)

Gender: It's a BOY!!!

Name: Reid Johnsten Laney
Reid is my maiden name and Johnsten is a nod to Cal's late grandfather John Hozie Turner and his late Uncle Johnny. Also... Johnsten means "God's gracious gift" and I could not say it any better! :)

Movement: I feel him moving all of the time! There are no longer flips, I can feel him pushing and turning and I can almost discern what body part I am feeling.

Sleep: Sleep has changed a bit this month. Reid is sitting on and pushing on my bladder, so I have been getting up and running to the restroom every five seconds. ha! I started taking some unisom to help me sleep through the night, so I can be a good mommy to Jack and Lucy.

What I miss: um... WINE!!! (and being able to pop up off of the couch and bed easily)

Cravings: no cravings really at this point. I have been a little extra hungry between meals, but no craving.

Symptoms: still a few braxton hicks here and there, and sciatic nerve pain comes and goes. I have found it really helpful to soak in an epson salt bath every night. It really helps with the muscle pain.  

 
Best Moment this month: I have really enjoyed feeling Reid moving around where it no longer feels like flutters, it feels like a real person moving around. I can feel his little knees and booty moving around.. so fun! 



No comments: