Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

5 years!



Cal and I are celebrating 5 years "officially" together today! We have actually been "dating" on and off for 6 1/2 years! wow- time is flying! God has been so gracious to us throughout the years and finding each other was one of the most truly precious gifts he has given. I thank God every day for my wonderful husband and the man of God that he is. He is truly the spiritual leader in our home and my rock that I lean on. He is my best friend and sincerely cares about everything that I need. It was 5 years ago today that Cal mustered up the courage and asked me to be his "girlfriend" in my little college house in Oxford. Little did we know that 2 years later, he would get down on his knee in that very room and ask me to be his wife. Our journey together has had it's ups and downs and we have made the best out of every situation that has been handed to us. We are praying that God will grant us the gift of a baby and as we continue on this journey we are constantly reminded that His timing is not our timing. He is a soveriegn God and He has a perfect time table. God is going to do GREAT things! I'm so thankful for 5 years with this amazing man and I can't wait for many more!

4 comments:

Katie Wigton said...

What a sweet post! God is good!

The Haymans said...

Congradulations!!

Meredith said...

Congratulations!! Hope you are blessed with a little one soon!!

The Haymans said...

Whats up with the two blogs...email me!